The Trick To Effective Cockroach Control
November 09, 2021
Cockroach control for all types of cockroaches can be difficult due to the many attractants of cockroaches and the formidability of this pest. The trick to effective removal involves proactive prevention and the help of the professionals at Innovative Pest Solutions.
Common Cockroaches You May Encounter
There are all types of cockroaches that you have the chance to encounter in your home. You may see American, Oriental, German, or smoky brown wood roaches commonly in the area, and each of these is relatively hardy. Smoky brown wood roaches especially can be a problem, as they invade basements and areas of exposed trash. All of these roaches can withstand extreme temperatures, live up to a month without food, live for a week without their head, and reproduce quickly.
While most people know that cockroaches are gross, many don’t know exactly how dangerous a cockroach can be. These pests prefer to hang out in areas such as sewers, dumpsters, and on top of waste before entering our homes; they can easily bring pathogens and bacteria in with them that may then contaminate food storage areas and other places around your home.
Diseases cockroaches carry include salmonellosis, cholera, dysentery, plague, and listeriosis. You can contract these diseases by encountering the cockroach itself or the urine and feces they leave behind.
Essential Cockroach Prevention Tips
The following cockroach prevention tips are an essential step in preventing future infestation and helping you decrease the severity of an ongoing infestation. Keep in mind that eliminating the causes of cockroaches is the first step in combatting this pest.
- Inspecting and sealing up potential cockroach entry points is an essential tip for preventing this pest. Ensure that all cracks and gaps in windows, doors, and your home’s foundation are completely sealed off to deter roaches from entering your home.
- Make sure that all food waste and trash are properly sealed up in bags and disposed of promptly. You may also want to ensure that leftover food is stored correctly and that all dirty dishes or food and liquid spills are cleaned up as soon as possible to stop the odor from attracting cockroaches.
- Address moisture issues around your home and fix up all leaks inside or outside your property, as pools of water can easily attract cockroaches to your property.
- Declutter your home often, making sure to remove stored paper and cardboard piles as cockroaches love to make their home in these. You should also vacuum regularly to clean up any cockroach dirt or eggs that may have their way into your carpet.
- Keep your yard clear of debris and the grass trimmed down low. You can also trim back any foliage that touches your home. This will reduce the number of outdoor hiding spots for cockroaches.
How To Get Rid Of Cockroaches
It isn't easy to understand how to get rid of cockroaches without investing in the help of professionals. A cockroach infestation can be widespread, dangerous to deal with, and resistant to many over-the-counter (OTC) products that you may buy.
To ensure total cockroach elimination around your home, you should contact the residential pest control experts at Innovative Pest Solutions. The professionals will be able to provide you with effective, safe cockroach treatments that allow you to claim your home back from this troublesome pest.