This summer seems to be the year of the copperhead and copperhead snakebites in Raleigh, NC. Many of our customers have reported seeing copperhead snakes in and around their Raleigh homes in the last several weeks. We have also been reading about copperhead snakebites occurring throughout the Triangle, with the N.C. State Baseball coach and even our own SEO expert from StudioRTP having both of his dogs bit in the last several years.
Although we only offer General Pest Control Services to the Raleigh/Durham area, here are some tips to keep these venomous critters off of your property.
- Control small rodents like mice, rats, and moles on the property by using traps, baits, and other exclusion techniques in, under, and near the home.
- Remove piles of leaf debris, rocks, and trash from around the home to eliminate harborage areas of both the copperhead snakes and/or their food source.
- Eliminate tall grasses and vegetation from around the home.
- Keep bushes pruned up off of the ground and keep them clear of debris.
- Use snake repellants around the home. There are many formulations for snake repellants such as sprays, pellets, and powders. Do some research to determine what if any are applicable to your situation.
- Be aware when working in your yard, especially around debris. Wear boots and heavy gloves when working around areas where snakes can live and breed.
Find more information on Copperhead Snakes from N.C. State University here.
If you need any more Raleigh Pest Control help do not hesitate to give us a call! We are the Raleigh, NC pest control experts!