Ants are a common and persistent problem here in the Raleigh, Cary, Durham Triangle area – but we’re here to help you prevent ants from invading! These Raleigh pests can be found in many areas around the interior and exterior of your home. Here are some tips that can help to prevent ants from entering your home.
One of the most important points to consider is that ants that are found in our Raleigh area are attracted to moisture. High moisture areas in your house can be attributed to:
- poor foundation drainage
- plumbing leaks
- lawn sprinklers that drench the house exterior
- mulch against the foundation
- improper or no gutters
- damp or wet crawlspaces
Ants are also attracted to rotted wood. It’s common for wood trim around the exterior trim to rot over time, especially the fascia trim behind gutters. Ants love to nest in these areas.
Other tips to keep in mind are:
- caulk any cracks found in the house foundation, siding, or trim
- keep firewood stored off the ground and away from the house
- trim back any tree or shrub branches that are touching the house
- remove dead tree limbs that are still attached to the tree
- remove any old stumps in the yard
- remove any piles of stone, rubble or leaves that are next to the house
- keep gutters free of debris and free flowing, directing water away from the structure
- don’t let debris collect on roof areas
And of course it’s always a good idea to have your house enrolled in one of our 123 pest control programs to keep you and your house safe and protected.
Innovative Pest Solutions is a locally owned and operated pest control company operated out of Raleigh, NC. Owned by third generation pest control operators, Scott and Kevin Spillman take pride in protecting Raleigh homeowners from all types of Raleigh Pests. If you are in the need for Raleigh Pest Control, keep Innovative Pest Solutions in mind. We are the solution to all your Raleigh Pest Control needs.